Track Profiles 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Track Profiles 2019

Ariana Garcia

The class of 2019 is slowly and slowly getting closer to graduating but before the year end here is some information from a few track seniors.

Matthew Bayliff

Birthday: 03/30/2001

Personal Record: Thrown 130 Meters

A little about Matthew;

Matthew was in track all throughput middle school but then rejoined again his junior year.  He is a thrower and throws discus. His goals for this season are to go to state and get first place. After high school Matthew plans to be signed for either track or basketball, he also plans to be remembered for something and making all his supporters proud.

Cesar Garcia-Martinez 

Birthday: 03/14/2001

Personal Record: 800 m- 2:12, 1600 m(1 mile) – 4:45, 3200 m (2 miles)- 10:19

A little about Cesar;

Cesar started running track his sophomore year but has been running cross country since freshman year and has continued to run both since then. Cesar is a distance runner which was influenced by being a cross country runner. His goal is to win state in at least one of his events. His motivation for this season is getting a 4:30 and getting first place. After high school he plans to run cross country and track for Southern Nazarene University.

Georgina Concha-Paredes

Birthday: 07/09/2001

Personal Record: 1600 m (1 mile) : 6:00, 800 m: 2:15, 3200 (2 mile): 12:15, 400 m: 59 sec, High Jump: 4’4, Long Jump; 11″0″

A little About Georgina;

Gina has been running track since the 6th grade but has been taking running seriously since she was 9 years old. She is now a jumper, she does long jump and high jump but before she was a full blown distance runner. She would run the 2 mile and 1 mile race. Gina’s motivation is definitely her boyfriend and mother because they always show unconditional love and encouragement. Her goal for this season is to go to state in high jump! After high school she plans to become a cardiothoracic surgeon, but she doesn’t want to continue running after graduating.

Maya Williams 

Birthday: 12/10/2001

Personal Records: N/A

A little about Maya;

This is Maya’s first year in track so she has no personal records yet. She is currently a sprinter and a high jumper. When her body is close to giving up she reminds her self that she has been through harder things in her life and that she can certainly get through a little pain. Maya is unsure of her goals for this season but nevertheless plans to attend The University of Central Oklahoma and majoring in Special Education Multiple/Severe. She doesn’t plan to continue running for a college team but she does plan to keep running.