Santa Fe South Express

Teacher of The Month: Mr. V

Karla Cano and Noemy Salinas

Teacher of the Month goes to Mr. VanGilder also known Mr.V!

Mr.V graduated from Central State University which is now known as University of Central Oklahoma. He’s been teaching for 34 years and this trimester he’s teaching Personal Finance. What made him decide come to SFS was that he heard about it while he was working in a private school and he decided to apply. He spoke with Mr.Brewster and Brewster gave him a chance. Mr. V heard great things about SFS and he has love for the city. What he enjoys about teaching is the fact that he gets the chance to develop a relationship with students and watch them grow. The thing he hates about teaching is not seeing someone be successful. Before coming to SFS he taught at Oklahoma City Christian Academy and he also is an adjunct History professor at OCCC. He wants students to know he wants them to be successful in life. He’s most proud of getting married and becoming a father as well as a grandfather. Growing up he has always wanted to teach and be a coach but he retired from being a coach after 21 years. On his free time he enjoys spending time with his grand-kids and as well as his donkeys Carlos and Pepe.

About the Writer
Noemy Salinas, Writer

Noemy Salinas is a Sophomore at Santa Fe South High School. This is her first year in Newspaper. She is a really nice girl and likes helping other people...