S.W.O.L.E Week: Water Fest

Back to Article
Back to Article

S.W.O.L.E Week: Water Fest

Leslie Cisneros, Reporter

Slip N’ Slides, inflatable water slides,  dunk tanks, and so many more fun activities took place the evening of the Water Fest. Kids from all ages came out and had a blast! SFS STUCO organized a variety of different events to support the organization that they were fundraising money for their philanthropy week. One of those events was the Water Fest that took place at the Santa Fe South Middle School. The event was opened to anyone who wanted to come out and cool off from Oklahoma’s summery weather.

If you did not get the opportunity to attend, you missed out on a lot of fun! Students were exchanging laughs and looked as if they were having the time of their lives. Everyone who came with dry clothes for the evening left with soaking wet clothes. You could not escape the water! Little kids and even older kids were running around and enjoying the inflatable water slide, getting on over and over again. There was even a dunk tank, where faculty and staff such as Mr. Brewster and History teacher Ms. Ross so generously volunteered to get dunked! Many attempted, but few succeeded, in dunking them, but when they succeeded, it was nothing but laughter and joy all around (maybe not for those who got dunked). To top it off, there was a concession stand with good snacks and refreshments to tie it all together. We highly encourage everyone to participate in many more events in the future because you will not regret it!