Santa Fe South Express

Back to School Drive

Daniel Medina

This year Mr. Wood and Mr. McKinney are organizing a Back to School Supply drive with their TEAMs. Angela Moreno and Jessie Rios are two of the people working to provide less fortunate elementary students with school supplies. Angela and Jessie want others to be aware that many young kids don’t have the means to purchase everything they need to be successful in school, and most teachers don’t have enough money to provide students with supplies year round. You can help by donating to the drive, whether it be money or a pack of pencils. Anything and everything helps.

Here is a list of items that you could contribute to the drive

1. Cash/Gift Cards
  • Walmart
  • Office Depot
  • Target
  • Sam’s Club

2. School/Office supplies

• Pencils
  • Paper (wide ruled)
  • Markers
  • Crayons
  • Color Pencils
  • Glue Sticks
  • Scissors
  • Folders
  • Binders
  • Tissue Boxes
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Cleaning Wipes

The supply drive will last the entire year. Your contribution can be big or small, and it will definitely be helpful. When asking Angela and Jessie where the supplies would be headed they replied, “Well its going to the Santa Fe South Elementary but we really would want to help out other schools. They all have kids in need.” Many schools have kids who can’t afford basic supplies like pencils and paper, including our own elementary. Help make sure that the future of Santa Fe South isn’t held back by the lack of school materials. If you would like to contribute turn in your donations to your TEAM teacher or the office. Mr. Wood and Mr. McKinney will pick up the items regularly.