Get to Know Mrs. Keegan

Back to Article
Back to Article

Get to Know Mrs. Keegan

Aylin Mendez

Mrs. Katie Keegan graduated from The University of Oklahoma with a bachelors degree in sports management. Even though this is her first year teaching biology at Santa Fe South; she has been coaching our girl’s soccer team for three years. “I wanted to get explore a little bit and become more involved with other students that I don’t get to see in athletics.” Mrs. Keegan loves teaching because of her amazing students but she dislikes waking up early. She would like all her students to know that she will always be there for them and they can approach her with any questions or issues they might have.

For this year’s soccer team, Coach Keegan would love her girls to play in the state championship. “This year I will push them harder,  improve their mental stability and confidence because they are great athletes. She is looking forward to being this year’s cross country coach and having plenty of hands-on activities for her students in the classroom.

On her free time, Mrs. Keegan enjoys playing soccer and watching Netflix. Her dream vacation is to visit Bora Bora due to its clear blue waters and “little tiki huts”. A trip to Las Vegas was one of the most exciting vacations because “of all the interesting characters.” Mrs. Keegan is a fan of a variety of music; from techno, country and even some rap/ hip-hop. “I love a good beat that can make you dance.” Tamales and posole are her favorite comfort food although she loves to indulge in mac and cheese and mashed potatoes.