Santa Fe South Express

Blanchard’s Experience

Maxamilliano Carranza, Reporter

On Wednesday (March 28th), the student council from Blanchard High School from Blanchard, Oklahoma came here to be taken on a tour of our wonderful school by our student council.

The theme of this event was “travel” so everyone dressed up as tourists in Hawaiian shirts, hats, and maps to give the impression that we were all in a new and different place. Our student council was was pretty prepared for their arrival and went out of their way to make the Blanchard students feel special. Our council went outside and held up signs welcoming the students to our school and they played some funky music to make things feel exciting. Then, all of the students, along with Mrs. Severson and Mr. Carter, went inside to pass out the maps for the school and had their students break into small groups with our students. Our students took the Blanchard kids around the school and showed them a few of our classes and taught them a few things. They were taken to our Chinese classroom, Spanish, Forensics, Mrs. Garcia’s Science class, Band, Mrs. Stroud’s Psychology class, Music Application, Mrs. Stone’s Art class, and to our Senior Seminar classes. Next, the groups were brought together and taken to a few more of our classes. These classes were our Sign Language, Russian, and our Latino Studies Classes.

The students then ate and were taken to the Alpha Building for games and dancing to end off the trip!

About the Writer
Maxamilliano Carranza, Reporter

Maxamilliano Carranza is the youngest of his family and he strives to do his best. He has been a Saint here at Santa Fe South since 6th grade and is currently...