Santa Fe South Express

Same Team Big Dreams

Emily Garcia, Sports Reporter

It was a big day for two of our Lady Saints. They received an opportunity to attend a D2 college at Southern Nazarene University. Alejandra Andrade and Maria Garcia are both seniors and have been playing soccer almost all their lives. They have been playing together since middle school, play on the same club team called Celtics, and in a couple of months, they will be playing on the same college team.

Fellow Saints came to support both Maria and Alejandra when they signed to play for SNU. Maria said, “I feel accomplish and proud since I didn’t only do this for me but for my family. It’s something I have had my mind set on for awhile.” Right now, she is still undecided on what she wants to be when she grows up, but she will major in Pre-Medicine or Biology. She’s not willing to give up when things get hard and accomplish another one of her goals in life.

Alejandra said, “I am very blessed to have an opportunity to further my education as well as continuing to play the sport I have loved since I was four years old.” She is hoping to pursue a career in nursing and help others in need. Alejandra is planning to work hard until she accomplish her goals in life.

Until next fall, these two girls will show leadership and courage for their teammates on the SFS soccer team. Both of them hope that this year will be the best season for them.