The student news site of Santa Fe South High School

Santa Fe South Express

Volleyball Senior Night

Ariana Garcia, Senior section

Monday night was a very emotional night for the five senior girls on varsity and their manager. Reina Cruz, Yarency Gonzalez, Maria Garcia, Jennifer Paramo, Kenya Rodriguez, and Leobardo Zuniga all got the honor of being walked by their families on their last home game of the season. While the seniors walked across the court, Coach Furley was announcing how long they had been apart of the SFS volleyball team, their favorite memory, plans for after high school, and their most embarrassing moment.

Reina Cruz has been playing volleyball for six years and plans to get her Bachelor’s degree in medicine and become an anesthesiologist. Her favorite memory was the sleepover they had at Pammy’s house before the John Marshal Tournament. Her most embarrassing moment was when Arlette hit her in the face during the Southeast VS Santa Fe South game.

Yarency Gonzalez has been apart of the SFS volleyball family for 4 years and plans to attend college on a soccer scholarship. Her favorite memory was going to Buffalo Wild Wings after every game with her fellow teammates. Yarency’s most embarrassing moment was getting hit on the back of the head by one of Millwood’s players.

Maria Garcia has been in the volleyball family for 6 years and plans on attending college on a soccer scholarship and studying pre-med. Maria’s favorite memory was also the sleepover at Pammy’s house and her most embarrassing moment was burning a hole through her jersey at one of the games.

Jennifer Paramo has been playing volleyball at SFS for 6 years and plans on attending the University of Oklahoma, getting accepted into medical school, and becoming an NICU doctor or an OB-GYN. Jennifer’s favorite memory was learning how to roll and her most embarrassing moment was when she crashed into a teammate and she fell on top of her.

Kenya Rodriguez who has been apart of the volleyball program for 7 years and plans on attending the University Of Central Oklahoma and get her degree in nursing. Kenya’s favorite memory was when Coach Yaya, her sister, and herself both sang their lungs out at the volleyball lock-in. Her most embarrassing moment was when she was leaving right before a game and she crashed into Mr. Folmsbee’s portable and got called out by Coach Eskew.

Last but not least, we have our last senior, Leobardo Zuniga. After high school, he plans on attending the University of Oklahoma and get accepted into law school. His favorite memory happened last week when he hit Maria in the head during practice. Leo’s most embarrassing moment was his sophomore year when he walked into volleyball practice thinking he knew everything when he really didn’t.

Overall, senior night was a success, our girls won all 3 games. Our varsity team ended the first and second set with a win. The third set ended fairly quick with a final score of 25-11 leaving U.S. Grant to take a loss.

1 Comment

One Response to “Volleyball Senior Night”

1. Ferny Garcia on October 10th, 2017 5:48 pm

Best of luck to all in the path that each one of you decide to take. “Hitting rock bottom does not mean your dreams are done, rock bottom can also be a great foundation to build up on”.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Volleyball Senior Night

NEWS

Senior Capstone Project

• Volleyball Senior Night

SENIOR SECTION

Senior Trip Update!

• Volleyball Senior Night

SENIOR SECTION

Senior Acceptance Letters

• Volleyball Senior Night

SENIOR SECTION

Senior Relaxed Pictures!

• Volleyball Senior Night

SENIOR SECTION

Quotes and Gowns

• SENIOR SECTION

Meet a Senior

• Volleyball Senior Night

SENIOR SECTION

Senior Ads

• Volleyball Senior Night

SENIOR SECTION

ACT Dates!

• Volleyball Senior Night

NEWS

Community Service Opportunities!!

• Volleyball Senior Night

SENIOR SECTION

College Application Deadlines!

Volleyball Senior Night