Queens of the South

Back to Article
Back to Article

Queens of the South

Stephanie Galindo, Sports Reporter

The softball girls won the Queens of the South Tournament hosted at Capitol Hill High School. The Lady Saints defeated two of the three softball teams. They were able to beat the Capitol Hill Red Wolves and Southeast Spartans. Sadly, they lost against U.S. Grant but the Lady Saints still took the championship home.  Emily Garcia ,a junior here at SFS, was asked how the tournament went and she stated, “The Queens of the South tournament was overall pretty easy until we played Grant, which was a tough game but at the end we got the results we wanted which was winning the tournament.”

Softball girls will not have anymore home games the rest of season. The girls absolutely love their new softball coaches, Mr. Hutchinson and Mr. Furley. The coaches are pushing the softball team to new heights by making them work hard. The Lady Saints are loving and caring to one another. Unfortunately,  the season is about to be over.

softballThe Lady Saints are having a really great season this year. They attended a festival at Geary and they ended up winning. The girls still have a game to play before the season is over and with their hard work and dedication they will win. Their last game will be on Monday, September 26th against Elgin. So go support the Lady Saints softball team!