The student news site of Santa Fe South High School

Santa Fe South Express

December Saints Of the Month

Nora Casas, Saints of the Month

Joanna Alba is a freshmen. Her favorite teacher is Mrs. Howell and her favorite subject is Art. She likes to go to the mall. Her hobby is watching movies and she also likes to watch the Kardashians. Her favorite season is winter because she likes to be wrapped like a burrito with her blanket.  She says that if she could travel, she would like to travel to Hawaii because of the beach. Her favorite drink is icees and her favorite snack is chips. She would like to become a doctor in the future. Her favorite artist is Bob Marley.  She was asked if she could have a superpower what would it be and she responded with “I would love to fly.”

Jaime Velez is a freshmen. He has been at SFS for one year and this year will be his second year being at SFS. His favorite teacher is Ms. Anderson and his favorite subject is reading. His favorite thing to do after school is run. One of his hobbies is to watch Netflix. His favorite season is Fall because he gets to cuddle and his favorite holiday is Independence Day because he likes to see the fireworks. He would like to travel to Amsterdam. His favorite drink is an Arizona and his favorite snack is Takis. He would like to become a singer in the future, his favorite song is called “False Alarm” by The Weekend. His favorite TV series is Grey’s Anatomy. He would like to the superpower of being able to fly.

Jessica Zubia is a sophomore. This is her first year at Santa Fe South. Her favorite teacher is Ms. Ferguson and her favorite subject is ELL. After school and on the weekend, she likes to take care of her nephew and work. She likes to listen to music. Her favorite season is spring because she likes the weather. Her favorite holiday is Christmas because everybody gets gifts. She would like to travel to Mexico. Her favorite drink is the red Gatorade and her favorite snack is hot fries. She would like to become a vet in the future.  She would like to have a superpower and that superpower is to be invisible.

Bryan Martinez is a sophomore at Santa Fe South. He has been at SFS since he was in the 6th grade. His favorite subject is science. His hobby is playing video games. Bryan’s favorite season is fall because the leaves make the world look pretty. His favorite holiday is Christmas because it’s a time of giving. He would like to travel to Japan. His favorite drink is Dr.Pepper and his favorite snack is Lifesaver gummies. He would like to become a writer in the future. He would like to have a superpower and that superpower is teleportation.

Andrea Garcia is a junior and this is her first attending at Santa Fe South. Her favorite subject is Government. Andrea’s favorite thing to do after school and over the weekend is watch movies and eat snacks and text with her honey Aaron. Dancing was her hobby but she hasn’t done since she moved to SFS. Her favorite season is fall because she likes to get ready for Halloween and the weather feels great. Her favorite holiday is Christmas because it’s a holiday that brings all the family together. She would like to travel to Rio De Janiero because it looks beautiful. Her favorite drink is Dr.Pepper and her favorite snack is hot fries. Andrea wants to become a Forensic Scientist. Her favorite song is “Whenever” by Russ and her favorite artist is Drake. Her favorite TV series is Shameless and Grey’s Anatomy. She would like to have a superpower that transports her wherever she want to go.

Adrian Hernandez is a junior and has been at Santa Fe South since 6th grade . His favorite teacher is Mrs. Balderas and his favorite class is Athletics. After school and on the weekend, he likes to hangout with Misael and play basketball. Adrian’s favorite season is basketball season because he gets to play games. His favorite holiday is Christmas because he loves to spend joy. He would like to travel to Dubai. His favorite drink is Sprite and his favorite snack is cereal. He would like to become and Architect or become an NBA player in the future. His favorite song is called “Sneakin'” by Drake. Adrian’s favorite TV series is the Walking Dead. He would like to have the superpower of being invisible.

Mildred Avilan is a senior.  Her favorite teacher is Ms. Anderson and her favorite subjects are reading and art. She likes to spend time after school and over the weekend with her family and her boyfriend. Drawing is her favorite hobby. Mildred’s favorite season is summer because that’s when the pools are open. Her favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because of the homemade food. Her favorite drink is Dr.Pepper and her favorite snack is fruit snacks. Mildred would like to become a nurse. Her favorite song is called “Te Metiste” by Ariel Camacho. Her favorite TV series is Reign. She would like to have super speed as her superpower.

Francisco Gomez is a senior at Santa Fe South. He has been at SFS for eight years. His favorite teacher is Mr.Boyd. After school and on the weekend, he enjoys driving his car. He like to listen to music. Winter is his favorite season because he can drink hot chocolate and watch movies. His favorite holiday is Christmas because of the food. He would like to travel to Mexico. His favorite drink is apple juice and his favorite snack is candy. In the future he would like to become an architecture. His favorite song is called “El Centenario” by Los Tucanes. If he was able to have a superpower he would choose to fly.