The student news site of Santa Fe South High School

Santa Fe South Express

Costume Ideas

Amanda Blount, Senior Editor/ Reporter

Halloween is a time when you can let yourself be as creative as you want to be, but sometimes it can be hard coming up with ideas. Most people think of doing main characters from movies, books, etc. But what about those supporting characters such as Gaston or less “popular” characters.  People tend to forget about characters that help support stories and want to go for the main story. But where would the stories be without these characters? What about less recognized movies or books? Watch or read your favorite movie or book and pick out your favorite character. It can be anything or anyone and you can become that character for a day.

Let’s not forget about the video game characters or gaming costumes either. This one always seems to be taken in different, interesting ways. Some examples would be Skyrim getting remastered so you do a Dovaakin costume of your own making as you make your own character in game. Another costume that had been spotted this year was a Pokémon Go costume where you could play the costume and receive candy for catching the Pikachu (see video below).

But what about something a little bit more Sci-fi like Destiny or Halo? Get creative and make a costume or if you have the money you could possibly buy a high quality costume for either because there have been some impressive costumes at the LA Comicon.

But what if this still feels to common? Well there are more things that could be done. For example, make a costume that’s a pun or take a jab at your own personality. Anyone can also do partner or group costumes as well, such as the Harry Potter trio or Bob’s Burger’s family costume. These are always interesting to see especially if your personality is similar to the costume you’re doing. Whatever you do, enjoy it!