The student news site of Santa Fe South High School

Santa Fe South Express

October Saints of the Month

Alberto Alonso is a senior and  has been at Santa Fe South since 6th grade. His favorite subject is math. Alberto likes to finish school work and apply to scholarships. His favorite hobbies are to play baseball, Ultimate Frisbee. His favorite season is Christmas because he gets to spend more time with his family and also because he has more time to do things. He was asked if you could travel anywhere in the world where would he go and his response to this question was to discover a Goldilocks planet. His favorite chocolate is any kind of chocolate and his favorite drink is strawberry shake. His future career is to be an astrophysicist. His favorite song is “We Are The World” by Michael Jackson. His favorite TV series is Cosmos. If Alberto had a superpower it would be to manipulate time.

Yamonthy Smith is a senior at Santa Fe South. Her favorite teacher at SFS is Mr. Vangilder. Her favorite subject is Government. She likes to play basketball and she likes to spend her weekend watching football. Yamonthy’s favorite season is winter because she can wear sweats and long sleeve shirts. She can also drink hot cocoa at any given time. Her favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. She would like to travel to Bora Bora. Her favorite snacks are healthy bars and Sprite. She wants to become a physical therapist for her favorite football team. Her favorite song is “Lady Soul” by The Temptations. Yamonty’s favorite show is called 227. If she was to have a superpower it would be to never age.

Dylan Arriga is a junior at Santa Fe South and he has been at SFS since the 4th grade. His favorite teacher is Mr. Furley and his favorite class is Athletics. His hobby is playing video games. Dylan’s favorite season is winter because that’s when he starts training for soccer season. His favorite holiday is Christmas because his whole family gets together and has a big dinner. He would like to travel to Barcelona. Dylan’s favorite snacks are oven baked lays and peach Crush. He would like to become a wind turbine technician. His favorite song is called “Cason” by Glue70. Dylan’s favorite TV series is the Flash. If he was to have a superpower it would be super speed.

Zalma Diaz is a junior and has been attending here seven years counting. Her favorite teacher is Ms. Anderson the art teacher. Zalma’s favorite thing to do over the weekend is read, write, and watch Netflix. Zalma does not have a special hobby nor trait. Her favorite season is winter because she gets to stay inside, drink coffee, and read while wearing oversized sweaters. She does not have a favorite holiday. She would like to travel to Japan. Her favorite snack  is donuts and her favorite drink is coffee. She wants to become a pediatrician in the future. Her favorite song is “Control” by Halsey. Zalma’s favorite TV series is Naruto Shippuden. She wouldn’t like to have a superpower.

Hector Gonzalez was nominated for the sophomore class as student of the month. He has been at SFS since he was in 6th grade. His favorite teacher is Mr. Brewster and his favorite subject is math. Hector’s favorite thing to do after school and during the weekend is running. His favorite color is green and his hobby is to play soccer. His favorite season is fall. Christmas is his favorite holiday. If he could travel anywhere in the world, it would be to England because they have lots of sports entertainment. Hot Cheetos and Sprite are his favorite snack and drink. When asked what career he wanted to pursue Hector responded, ” I want to be a lawyer.” If he could have any super power in the world it would be super speed.

Yeidilen Ochoa is new to SFS, she starting coming here when she was a freshmen. She was nominated to be student of the month. Her favorite thing to do on the weekend is to hang out with friends and sleep. Summer is her favorite season because there is no school. Her favorite holiday is her Birthday. She likes all types of food and drink. She would like to become a doctor and study bones. Her favorite color is black.

Bryan Gonzales was nominated as student of the month for the freshmen class. This is his first year attending Santa Fe South. He said, “His year is going pretty good.”  His favorite color is blue. Bryan’s favorite teacher is Mrs. Balderas and his favorite subject in school is English. His favorite thing to do in his free time and on the weekends is to play basketball and sleep. Spring is his favorite season of the year. The favorite holiday he enjoys the most is Christmas because there’s presents. Bryan was asked if you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and he responded with “Dubai.” Sprite and Hot Fries are his favorite drink and snack. The career that he hopes to pursue is to become a veterinarian. If he could have any superpower in the world it would to be able to fly.

Mylene Gonzales was nominated for female student of the month for freshmen class. She’s been at SFS since she was in fifth grade. Her favorite sports are cross country and soccer. Her favorite thing to do after school and during the weekend is helping her mom, working out, and sleeping. Her hobbies consists of reading, creating stories, making poetry and art. Her favorite holiday is Christmas. If she could travel anywhere in the world it would be to Europe because she has some friends over there. Sprite and granola bars are her favorite drink and snack. The career she hopes to pursue is to become a goal keeper for the U.S. or Mexico soccer team. If she could have a super power it would be to read minds. Her favorite color is blue and her favorite TV show is Ridicoulusness.