The student news site of Santa Fe South High School

Santa Fe South Express

Saints of the Month for September

We here at Santa Fe South Express would like to congratulate the following Students of the Month for September.img_24551

Ruby Munoz is a freshmen and has been at Santa Fe South since eighth grade. Her favorite color is blue. She likes to be in Ms. Tully’s room during lunch and hangout with her friends. Her favorite music is Latin music.

img_24521

Andres Luz, a freshmen, enjoys to play soccer as much as he can. He has been playing for six years now. When he was asked “If you were ever to win the lottery what would you do?” he responded by saying that he’d buy his mother a house. His dream career is to become a professional soccer player. Andres’ favorite teacher is Mr. Argot and favorite subject in school is math. His favorite season of the year is fall. He was asked “Would you rather be rich and sad for eight years or happy and poor for eight years.” Andres said,“ I’d rather be happy and poor.”

untitledItzel Dominguez is currently a sophomore and has been at Santa Fe South since sixth grade. Her favorite color is red. She likes to hangout with her friends during lunch. One thing that she likes about Santa Fe South is that everybody is close to each other. The second thing that she likes about Santa Fe South is the academics.

img_24541Edgar Bonilla is currently a sophomore and is new to Santa Fe South this year. His favorite hobby is to play soccer and this is his first year  playing for Santa Fe South. Something interesting about him is that he loves to travel. “Get a house, pay bills and pay college” is how Edgar responded after being asked, “If you won the lottery, what would he do with it?” He sees himself being an engineer in  the future. His favorite teacher is Mrs. Meacham. His favorite season of the year is Winter. “I’d rather be happy and poor for eight years”,was Edgar’s response when he was asked, “Would you rather be happy for eight years and be poor  or be rich and sad?”

untitledKaren is currently a junior. Her favorite color is blue. Karen likes to hangout with her friends in Mrs. Tully’s room during lunch. She has been at Santa Fe South since sixth grade. Something that Karen likes about Santa Fe South is that teachers are always helping the students to achieve their goal.

img_24511Carlos Espinoza is currently a junior and has attended Santa Fe South since sixth grade. He enjoys playing soccer and has been playing for Santa Fe South for three years. Carlos’ favorite soccer team is Real Madrid and hopes that one day he will be able to become a professional soccer player. His favorite color is blue and his favorite season of the year is winter. Something interesting about Carlos is that he owns two cars. He doesn’t have a favorite song but his favorite genre is rap. If he could be an animal he would be a cobra. His favorite teacher is Mr. Folmsbee and his favorite class is computers.

Ashley Aviles is a very outgoing person. She is a senior and she has been attending Santa Fe South since sixth grade. Her favorite color is white. Ashley likes to hangout with her friends in the auditorium during lunch. One thing that she likes about Santa Fe South is that we are all close and like a family.

img_24531Adrian Alonso enjoys working out and his favorite color is platinum. His favorite thing to do after school is to talk to Mr. Cusack when he has the time. Adrian’s favorite class is Music Appreciation. We asked Adrian what he would do if he won the lottery. His response was, “ I’d give it to people who really need it and help my family.”  His favorite type of music is music that inspires and motivates. In 10 years, he see’s himself  going to the University of Central Oklahoma and graduating. His favorite teachers are Ms. Harding and Mr. Vangilder.